Position: Research Coordinator (Part-time contract)
Contract: 3 days a week (21 hours), 8 months,
Closing Date: November 15th 2019
About the position
WomanACT is looking for a highly motivated and organized Research Coordinator. The Research Coordinator will support with a community-based research project that is exploring themes of violence against women, access to justice and technology. The Research Coordinator will support with all aspects of research design, implementation and communication.
The Research Coordinator will also work closely with the WomanACT team to support with other administrative tasks related to our coordination work, including, minute taking, organizing meeting logistics and managing communication with partner agencies.
- Conduct literature review and other desk research;
- Support with research design and planning;
- Conduct community-based research activities including facilitating focus groups, surveys and interviews with service providers and survivors;
- Monitor the progress of research activities and maintain records of research activities;
- Analyze data;
- Support with the development of research reports and other project communications;
- Prepare meeting agendas, develop presentations and take detailed minutes;
- Maintain communication with project stakeholders and organizational partners;
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree in Gender Studies, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or a related discipline;
- Experience in research, project and/or administrative support;
- Good understanding of violence against women issues;
- Committed to working from an anti-oppressive, intersectional feminist approach;
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communications skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, in particular);
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including prioritizing multiple tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work with a range of diverse stakeholders;
- Familiarity with and experience in community-based research considered an asset;
- Knowledge related to technology solutions and/or access to justice considered an asset.
$26 - $31/hour. This is a contract position for 3 days a week (21 hours) for 8 months.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of Lieran Docherty: LDocherty@womanact.ca
Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Download Job Description here