By Paula Wells, Conference & Social Media Coordinator
Happy New Year to our dedicated followers! I hope that 2017 is off to a good start for you.
I am thrilled to share our first blog post of the year with you with some great news; The deadline to nominate a staff member or fellow colleague for a WomanACT Soul of a Warrior Award has been extended!
You now have until January 31st, 2017 to submit your nominations. Nominate today by following this link.
There are six categories for our worthy warriors:
The Selection Process
The Selection Committee is comprised of WomanACT Board Members and Council members. Nominations will be rated against a nomination criteria and the committee may contact nominees, nominators and supporters to confirm information.
• Nominees must be front-line staff
• Nominees must self-identify as a woman
• Nominees must demonstrate a commitment to advocacy for improving the lives of women and children experiencing violence
• Nominees must work in Toronto
• Current WomanACT Staff members are not eligible to be nominated for the award
• Nominations not submitted as per the Nomination Submission Guidelines and deadline may be disqualified
• Managers or Executive Directors are not eligible for the “Soul Of A Warrior” Awards
• Self-nomination is not permitted
Tickets are now on Sale!
Once again we are offering discounted tickets to all front line staff working in the VAW sector. If you haven't received your discount code, please call email me for details.
Visit our Eventbrite page to purchase your ticket today and see you on the dance floor!
WomanACT Newsletter Archives